Tell us once

When someone has died there are a lot of things that need to be done and often at a time when you least feel like doing them. One of those things is registering the death with the registrar. Once that is done, several organisations may have to be contacted and given the same information.‘Tell us once’ is a service where the Registrar will give information to the Department for Work and Pensions; they then pass it on to a number of other government departments and local authority services.
  • Department for Work and Pensions
  • The Pension Service
  • Disability and Carers Service
  • Jobcentre Plus
  • HM Revenue & Customs
  • Child Benefits
  • Tax Credits
  • Identity and Passport
  • Service
  • DVLA
  • Council Housing
  • Blue badges
  • Adult Services
  • Children’s Services
  • Collection of payment for Council Services
  • Licensing
  • Electoral Services
  • Council Tax/Business rates
  • Education Benefits
  • Housing Benefit office
  • Council Tax Benefit office
  • Library Service
  • The deceased’s National
  • Insurance number and date of birth
  • Details of any benefits or services they were receiving.
  • Their death certificate.
  • Their driving licence or driving licence number.
  • Their passport or passport number.
  • Their next of kin, including their national insurance number.
  • Any surviving husband, wife or civil partner.
  • Their driving licence or licence number.
  • Anybody who is getting child benefit on their behalf.
  • The person dealing with the estate.
834331e6 c88a3459 2