The Traditional Funeral
Funeral director's fees £2,395
A traditional funeral has been the most commonly requested type of funeral service for many years.
It started in the Victorian period where a horse-drawn cortege would be led by the undertaker to the parish church for a service, following by a burial in the churchyard.
Although there are now a wide range of options for the location of a service and the type of committal, the main structure of the funeral day has largely stayed the same.
Our traditional funeral includes the full care of your loved one before the day, a traditional black motor-hearse and a service prior to a burial or cremation. We cater for both religious and non-religious families and we are well known for making a seemingly impossible request…possible.
Of course there are many ways to make a traditional funeral personal with different styles of coffins, an abundance of choice for floral tributes, bespoke orders of service printing and much more.
- Advice and administration, full dedication of funeral director and funeral
administrator throughout the bereavement.
- Bringing the deceased into care from their current place of rest (Note this includes in
hours, out of hours, mortuaries and immediate attendance)
- Full care and preparation of the deceased with use of the chapel of rest.
- Conveyance to the crematorium in a hearse with four bearers
- Wellbeing and Bereavement support,
- Carbon Offsetting of the service with tree planting in the United Kingdom
- Hand delivery of ashes at a time convenient to the family.
- An online memorial page to show service details, collect donations and allow the family to take ownership for the own obituary wording, photos and remembrance.
We have decided not to include a coffin in our set price as the choice should be personal to you. This is your loved one’s last journey and we wouldn’t wish to influence your decision.
Unlike most funeral companies, we do not use the choice of coffin as a platform to increase profits, each coffin prices tracks the manufacturer’s price. This means that both you and our team can find the right option for you with no feeling of pressure or a sales environment.
At your request, we will explain:
All the options available to you,
How to keep costs within your budget,
The environmental impacts of each coffin type,
How to make individual touches.
You can see our full collection in our interactive brochure and if you wish for a completely bespoke coffin we can handle any request.
Third party fees are not included as standard because there are so many possibilities. Please see or full, interactive brochure for up to date prices and, of course, bespoke requests can be catered for.
The main third parties to consider are:
And much, much more